ReachOut.com, run by The Inspire Foundation (“Inspire”), is committed to maintaining the privacy and accuracy of your personal information and to protecting such information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, alteration and destruction. Inspire deals with the collection, security, quality, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Why we collect personal information
- Information provided by you to Inspire will be used to contact you, and to exchange personal information about you, in relation to your donations to Inspire.
- Inspire does not collect information about anyone’s ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs, sexual preferences or criminal record.
- Information provided by you to Inspire will also be used to give you brief updates on how your donations are making a difference to the lives of young people, to provide you with information on new Inspire programs and on special events organised by Inspire from time to time. Inspire may also use the information you provide to contact you to conduct research and surveys to analyse data.
- If you wish at any time to have your name excluded from the Inspire mailing list, please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (02) 8029 7777.
- You can choose to remain anonymous as a donor but if you do so, we will not be able to provide you with a tax-deductible receipt at the end of each financial year.
- As a supporter of Inspire, you have given us permission to charge your credit card and/or debit bank accounts. Your financial institution requires Inspire to retain a copy of the Direct Debit request on our premises and by law we must keep a record of your financial details for seven years.
What information is collected
If you do choose to provide your personal details we will ask you for the following details:
- Contact information (name, address, phone number, e-mail)
- Date of birth
- Credit card or bank account details
Who we disclose your information to
- At times, we may share your details never credit card or direct debit information, with like-minded organisations who may wish to contact you with information that may be of interest to you. In return, these organisations allow us to contact their supporters so that we can reach more generous people like you. If you do not wish to receive communication from a third party, please contact Inspire via email email@example.com or by phone (02) 8029 7777.
- Inspire employs other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf such as sending mail, providing marketing assistance and processing credit card payments. Such agents have access to the personal information necessary to perform their functions but may not use this information for other purposes.
- Inspire may disclose personal information when required or authorised to do so by law or when such action is necessary or appropriate (for example, if Inspire reasonably believes that someone is in imminent danger of serious harm). In these exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to disclose personal information to the appropriate authority at our discretion and without your consent.
How we protect your information
- Inspire takes all steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. This is done through internal data protection and electronic data transmission procedures, and for all donations and communications through our website via a secure server.
- As an additional safeguard, access to personal information is restricted only to the management and authorised employees of Inspire carrying out permitted business functions.
How you can access and modify your information
- If you would like to access a copy of your personal information or believe that the information we have about you is not up-to-date, complete or accurate, please contact us. You have the right to request the correction of any information which relates to you and is inaccurate.
- If you would like Inspire to delete your personal information, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we are required by law to keep it.
Questions about our Privacy Statement
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our Privacy Statement, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 8029 7777.
To help us ReachOutDonate