What is regular giving?
“I thought I was alone. So, so alone, like I was the only person who had to deal with this, and now I know that was, and is, far from the truth. But for those who don’t know about ReachOut.com, there are many young people who have not realised this yet.” Daniel, 22
Our supporters help us provide ReachOut.com, a free online mental health service that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week right across Australia. The value of such a service is evident in the many messages we get – some like the above, from Daniel who grew up in a rural area.
Right now, there are more than 1 million young people living in Australia that have a mental health disorder. A staggering 70% are not getting any help. There are many reasons why:
- they might be ashamed, or afraid of what others think
- there might not be any appropriate services close to them
- they don’t know where to start
- they don’t believe anything can help
- they don’t realise what they are feeling could be a diagnosable illness.
This is why we need your help. By committing to a regular monthly gift, you can help provide young people with a better way to deal with difficult times.
For as little as $12 a month, less than a movie ticket, you will have an impact on the mental health of thousands of young Australia. You will also join a community of people that understand looking after your mental health is just as important as your physical health.
Why regular giving is so important
By giving regular monthly donations, you directly contribute to our life-saving service and help us confidently plan ahead with our overall vision of all young people being happy and well.
ReachOut.com By committing to a regular monthly gift, you help:
- ensure ReachOut.com is a safe place that young people can go to get answers and help for their mental health for free and at any time no matter where they are physically located.
- run research and evaluation that gives us the information that we need to run programs and activities that will engage young people especially those that are reluctant to use traditional services and are at greatest risk.
- ensure ReachOut.com is in every Australian High School. Your support helps develop and provide teachers with resources and activities that they can use in their classrooms to build resilience
- keep us committed to our promise to include young people in all that we do. Your ongoing support allows us to offer multiple opportunities for young people to develop and shape a service that is for them.
- advocate for e-mental health services as a key way to help young people.
How regular giving works
Regular giving is an easy and flexible way to support Reachout.com on an ongoing basis. Each month on or around the 17th, your chosen amount is automatically debited from your credit card or bank account. You can increase, decrease or cancel your monthly donation at any time.
Donations over $2 are tax deductable. At the end of the financial year you’ll receive a statement to assist you with your tax return.
What your gift does
Put simply, your regular gift helps save lives and improves the mental health and wellbeing of young people every day of the year. Your ongoing support helps ensure that when young people go online looking for answers or a connection with others, they’ll find ReachOut.com, and an easy first step to getting the help they need to get through the tough times.
Our commitment to you
When you become a regular monthly giver, we commit to sharing regularly with you:
- the impact your support is having;
- stories from young people that you have helped;
- information about new initiatives or programs that we will launch
- research findings.
Become a regular giver today
Click here to sign up now or call us on 02 8029 7777 and we will be happy to set up your regular gift over the phone.
To help us ReachOutDonate